The South African Furniture Initiative ("SAFI") is a joint
initiative of industry, labour and government, and thus has the
common interest of promoting development and growth of the South
African furniture industry for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Through its advanced design and manufacturing capabilities, the
South African furniture sector will be recognised locally and
internationally in specific market segments by 2020, resulting
in employment, productivity growth, and positive transformation
across the furniture value chain.
SAFI will support the realisation on the South African Furniture
SAFI's mandate is seven-fold:
- Provide market intelligence information.
- Facilitate training, mentoring and other support services.
- Promote the South African furniture manufacturing industry and
associated furniture design.
- Facilitate access to domestic and international markets,
especially for small, and previously disadvantaged individual (PDI)
- Determine and facilitate the implementation of initiatives and
programmes to enhance the performance of the South African
- Sustain existing employment and create new employment
opportunities within the furniture industry's value chain.
- Facilitate the development of strategic relationships throughout
the furniture value chain.